Research and Evaluation
The department is made up of two units i.e. Research and Evaluation and the Library.
The research and evaluation conducts research intended to bring about curriculum revision reform that is geared to the National Educational needs at Pre-primary and Primary, Secondary, Business technical and vocational education levels.
Functions of Research and evaluation Department
• To conduct research and evaluation studies on curricula and educational programmes.
• To evaluate the effectiveness of instructional methods and techniques used in schools.
• To work with subject specialist to evaluate curricula in use.
• To conduct research for use in curriculum planning and management.
• To train panel members in research methods and techniques.
• To collect and compile data and information relevant to the centre’s work.
• To maintain an efficient document unit
• To provide specialized research and evaluation support services to other academic departments.
THE NCDC LIBRARY UNIT
The library at NCDC is a Unit of the Research and Evaluation Department.
The Library is at the centre of creating an informed and knowledgeable staff involved in curricula initiation, development and improvement. It provides information services by the application of modern information and communication technologies.
Provision and distribution of professional lists serves
Current awareness services eg Daily newspapers and newsletters
Selective dissemination of information
Online public Inquiry Services /Reference services
Access to Online Resources
5.DAOJ-Directory of Open Access Journals (Agriculture and Food Science, Chemistry, Earth and Environmental Sciences, Biology and Life Sciences, Languages and Literatures Law and Political Science, Mathematics and Statistics, Philosophy and Religion, Social Science & Technology)