Age: 30 – 50 years
Responsible to: Director
Date of advertisement: 6th January 2017
Job Summary: To coordinate, Monitor and Evaluate the Centre’s policies, plans and budgets in line with the Centre’s Strategic Plan and the National Development Plan.
Applications are invited from suitably qualified candidates for a post available for immediate filling at the National Curriculum Development Centre. NCDC is an Equal Opportunities Employer. Closing date for applications is 23rd January 2017. Only successful applicants will be contacted. Six (6) copies of the application letter, three (3) referees, detailed CV and photocopies of Certificates and Transcripts should be submitted or email to:
The Secretary, NCDC Governing Council, P. O. Box 7002, Kampala/e-mail address firstname.lastname@example.org
The National Curriculum Development Centre is a corporate body under the Ministry of Education and Sports .It is responsible for inter alia development of materials for various levels of education (i.e. pre-primary, Primary, Secondary and Tertiary), organizing capacity building courses for stakeholders on curricula and matters related to curriculum.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
- Keenly analyses strategic plan options to guide the Centre in determining investment priorities and resources allocation.
- Providing technical guidance and support to the Centre in planning activities and budgets preparations.
- Formulates and facilitates the implementation of the recurrent and development budgets of the Centre.
- Maintaining an appropriate system suitable for data collection, monitoring and evaluation of the Centre’s activities and development projects.
- Conducting feasibility studies on projects to be undertaken by the Centre to ascertain their viability and advise Management accordingly.
- Prepares and disseminates performance reports for the Centre to users.
- Spearheading the review of the Centre’s strategic plans.
- Providing support to strategic and operational decision making through collection, analysis and interpretation of relevant data.
- Perform any other duties as may be assigned from time to time.
Education & Qualifications
A Masters degree in Economics or Economic Policy& Planning or Quantitative Economics or Statistics from a recognised University. An Honours Bachelor’s degree in any of the above stated disciplines. Possession of a post Graduate Diploma in Financial Management or Project Planning and Management or Monitoring & Evaluation is an added advantage. A strong Mathematical or Statistical background (with a principal pass in Mathematics at A- Level) is essential for the job.
- Should have public sector, Macroeconomic, financial and social analytical skills.
- Should be able to apply Econometrics skills.
- Should have policy formulation and analysis skills.
- Should have research & monitoring and evaluation skills, Information systems design and operation skills
- Practical skills in economic and statistical computer packages.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- A team player with Impeccable level of personal Integrity
- Strategic plans, projects and budgets are developed
- Various development plans and programmes harmonised
- Feasibility studies on new projects conducted
- Projects monitored, evaluated and implemented
- Performance reports produced and submitted in time
Experience: A minimum of 4 years working experience as a planner/Economist and atleast two (2) of which should have been preferably in Public/ government sector.